Wednesday 22 March 2017

Star Wars - Imperial Assault, The Empire

Howdy everyone,

I thought I'd post my latest distraction...random figures from Star Wars Imperial Assault...I would definitely classify this as a serious distraction...afterall, as I said a few posts ago, the whole reason I started this 'thread' of painting was inspiration I got from Sorastro's Painting...I still do not own the game...

Although, over March break the lad and I did go down to our local gaming store (Kessel Run Games) partook in their open gaming area and ran through the tutorial mission from the core box.  We both had a good time, I was a little surprised how little actual table space the game took...so, maybe I'll be buying the starter box in the future.

Anyway, I really liked the looks of the figures, and after getting my mitts on them on and off table I think I like them even more.  They are all plastic, molded bases, and have some great detail! I've painted just over a half dozen now, but thought I'd make my first post, the first and latest figures that I've painted over the past few weeks.


Painting up Stormtrooper Kayn Somos was pretty easy...I just had to rewatch the tutorial video from Sorastro's Youtube a couple of times and I was set.  General Sorin was a bit of a different story...I didn't have a video to act as my safety net, so for some of this I was on my own...my google-fu brought me to a bunch of folks that had already tackled General Sorin, some great paintjobs out there!!

In the end, I tried to go with an inbetween General Veers from Empire and the box art for General Sorin...I really like this figure...his face is so expressive and imposing...I like how the layers turned out and I'm really pumped for my next round of figs...I still haven't decided how to base these figures yet, so I just hit them with VJ black and german grey.


thank you for the screen shot Oldenhammer in Toronto...
thank you Fantasy Flight Games...


I liked the idea of having some battle and blaster damage on Somos...his outer right calf took a stray blaster shot as well as his right tricep...thank the Emperor there's armour

I hope you enjoy the pics...Rebel scum up next! Take care!!

No comments: