Thursday 23 April 2015

Air Cavalry - the Blues

Hey folks,

First of all, thanks for the comments and advice on how to finish up my blues...first world problems and all that.  I must say that I'm surprised how much I did like the flocked look to the Blues...I ended up trying out the flock and made a very deliberate attempt to put the flock exactly where I wanted...because afterall, I do like the detail and contour that I was able to get from the bases.

The theme behind this platoon in part stems from the air assault sequence in Apocalypse Now and the idea of the platoon moving through a beat up, somewhat dried up ville...

As always, thanks for the looks, thanks for the advice.

Cheers.

Aerorifle Platoon...the Blues, group shot

Aerorifle Platoon Commander (right)...surprise Warrior Team (left)
 Warrior Team Kilgore...what Air Cav unit would be complete without him?!?

The Blues...








9 comments:

Mike_A said...

Looks great!

Seems like the great committee on basing was worth it. Also the title is funny, I read it to mean that they were giving you the blues, but I guess that is the unit name. hah.

Paul O'G said...

Fantastic! Really dynamic looking force. Love the Colonel in particular - you can hear him saying "If I say it's safe to surf this beach, Captain, then it's safe to surf this beach!"

You'll have to put a couple of surfboards underneath one of your Huey Slicks!

Barks said...

"Outstanding work, Red Team."

Stan M. said...

Thanks Barks...that entire sequence is outstanding...

Stan M. said...

Thank you Paul...looks like I'll have to watch that sequence all over again to get the boards right...damn...lol

Stan M. said...

Thanks Mike. Definitely worked out better than I hoped...I'm very glad I went that extra step...the advice was outstanding...

Paul O'G said...

"Getcha case of beer for that one"

Zoring said...

Looks great bud, I am just getting into the Nam myself (baddies though!), glad you went with the flock looks like a great result to me.

Stan M. said...

Thanks Zoring...I'm very happy with the turnout. Good luck with the baddies.